I love myself a good salsa! Not too spicy (mild), slight crunch, and just the right amount of lime. I looked online and tried a few different recipes. Below is the best combination of ingredients that works for me. Enjoy!
- 4 large slicing tomatoes
- 4 bell peppers (choose the color of your liking)
- 1 large red onion (or 2 medium onions)
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Chop tomatoes into small portions as shown. This should yield about 4 cups. Throw them into a large bowl.
- Chop peppers into smaller pieces than tomatoes. Add them to your bowl.
- Chop onions into bite size/manageable pieces. (Somehow I found a giant onion in the bunch that got the job done all on its own.)
- Your heat tolerance will determine the amount of jalapeños you add. Please know that adding an entire pepper and seeds is very hot, half a pepper and pinch of seeds is mild.
- Adding the limes and cilantro to the mixture will help even out the heat and cool your mouth at the same time. The juice from one lime will get the job done. Be sure to chop the cilantro into small pieces so you don’t end up with huge pieces in your mixture. (Cilantro has a weird taste, no?)