Hello world! As I’m typing this I realize that I haven’t taken the time to thank everyone for supporting my blog. Over the past few months, the likes, comments, and follows I have received has been more than I ever expected. If you’re not following, hit that button so you can stay up to date with all my posts. You never know when you’ll get some goodies. Thank you everyone!
In this post I would like to share my favorite combination for turkey burgers. I like to call them “turkey burgers elevated”. With a few ingredients that you probably have in your house already, you can have a mouth watering burger that will have you craving them all the time. (These things are a staple in our house!)
- Trader Joe’s Turkey burgers
- Loaf of bread
- Romaine lettuce
- Red onion
- Jalapeño Pepper
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- Cook burgers using directions on package. I prefer to throw mine on my George Foreman Grill because it’s easy, I’m lazy, and it’s more healthy.
- While the burgers are cooking, chop the onion and jalapeño into strips. I like mine thick, but you can chop yours smaller if you want, think bite/chew size. Remember, the amount of heat you get from the jalapeño depends on how much of the seeds and inner flesh you use.
- Once you cook the desired amount of burgers, throw your veggies onto the grill. They cook really quickly so don’t walk away for too long!
- Serve your burger on a nice toasted potato bun or loaf that you have sitting around. Put a light layer of mayonnaise on both sides of the bread once it is lightly toasted. Add the barbecue sauce to one side of the bun, then add the desired amount of onions and jalapeños. Finally add your burger(s)!
I love this recipe because it tastes sooo good. It’s sweet, spicy, and has a slight tang. The mayonnaise also helps me forget that I don’t have cheese on my burger. Of course you could add cheese to your burger in addition to bacon, lettuce, or bell peppers. Yes, burgers can be healthy too with the right ingridents!