Spring is in the air! The flowers are blooming, the air is warmer, and the daylight lasts a little longer. All these changes have me going a little wacky on the outside, but especially on the inside. On the outside my skin is completely accepting the current moisture levels that this weather is offering, even though my hair does not require any parts of this moisture. Luckily, I’m so content with all the wonderful changes that Spring offers that I won’t complain too much about my hair.
On the inside, however, a switch has been turned on that has me searching for new things to do with my free time a.k.a. hobbies. After a long and daunting conversation with a friend, I think there are a few things that I can refocus my attention on.
- To start, I will definitely be working to improve my blog (baby). Unlike one of my children, I can mold, shape, and rebuild this thing until it falls apart. You may see a shift in content, but the heart of it all will stay the same.
- In high school I studied Mandarin Chinese for 3 years. I have decided to revisit the language and culture that I loved so much. My goal is to get pretty fluent over these next couple months.
- We will also continue the never ending task of making improvements to our home. I wanted to take our time and do a few things here and there, but it seems like its taking forever, so I’m going to rev our momentum up just a bit.
- As the school year winds down I want to reflect on my first full year of teaching first grade. That includes what worked and what didn’t work, remaking anchor charts, and finalizing grades.
- A vision board also is on my list. I’m not sure exactly what to put on it, but I know a few friends who have made them, so I’ll reach out to them for their input and my good old friend Pinterest.
This isn’t an exhaustive or a definitive list so I’ll keep you updated as I go along.
Welcome Spring. 🌸